CHILDREN’S MINNESOTA is seeking an energetic BC/BE Pediatrician to work in a busy and exciting hospital-based pediatric clinic, providing out-patient coverage. Our clinic includes a very diverse population, both inner city and suburban, large immigrant and many non-English speaking patients. Many of our patients have complex health care needs. Resident teaching in continuity clinic is also desirable for our physicians. Enjoy a predictable weekly schedule with rotating evening and Saturday AM Clinics.
Ryan Berreth, FASPR
Children’s of Minnesota
Office: (952) 992-5317
Children’s Minnesota is seeking a Hospitalist, who provides assessments and creates a medical plan of care for hospitalized patients on admission, daily, and upon discharge. The practitioner will collect and synthesize data from historical information, diagnostic tests, therapeutic interventions, and physical examination to determine diagnosis and appropriate intervention consistent with their scope of practice, experience, board certification, and organizational professional staff policy. The hospitalist works closely with the patient’s primary care practitioner, hospital sub-specialists, surgical staff, nursing staff, social workers and additional services as part of creating a comprehensive treatment plan for patients and their families during their hospital stay. Additionally, the hospitalist is expected to support and contribute to departmental and organizational efforts in patient safety, quality improvement, and clinical research, stewardship of resources and teaching of trainees.
To provide a safe, accessible and responsive service to our patient population the hospitalist team is required to provide on-site coverage days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. This is a shared expectation among the team of physicians and nurse practitioners with a minimum staffing of one physician and one nurse practitioner in the hospital 24/7. Back up coverage and call schedule requirements to be determined upon hire. Candidates are also expected to be available to work on both hospital campuses.
- Must have an M.D., D.O. or equivalent degree from another country with a current Minnesota Medical License or the ability to obtain one.
- Board BE/BC in Pediatrics from the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Physicians should have clinical competency and expertise in caring for hospitalized children.
- Ability to be successfully credentialed by both Hospital and 3rd Party Payers.
Ryan Berreth, FASPR
Children’s of Minnesota
Office: (952) 992-5317
Medical Advisor, Children’s Health Network & Value Based Care
This position work in a dyad model with the President of Children’s Health Network/Chief Value Officer, Children’s. The Medical Advisor provides clinical guidance on planning, organization and implementation of the Children’s Health Network quality program, value projects, medical management programs and other services that drive higher quality care and lower cost. This position collaborates with the Children’s Health Network clinician quality leaders, relevant medical leaders within Children’s Minnesota, and CHN/Children’s quality teams to review data, develop guidelines/best practices and determine performance metrics. The Medical Advisor will provide guidance to clinicians throughout the Children’s Health Network. In conjunction with the President/CVO, the Medical Advisor advances the priorities, initiatives and programs to improve value.
- Previous pediatric patient care experience in medical practice required
- Prior experience in a progressive, results-oriented managed care environment preferred
- Quality assurance, utilization management and case management experience preferred
- Experience with integration of clinical and financial data, development of utilization performance reporting tools, and communication of performance data to physicians and other health care providers preferred
- Understanding of accountable models of care and care models that support population health, including medical homes/health care homes.
- Strong knowledge of reporting, data analysis and information presentation.
- Proficient research, writing, and oral communications.
- Mature interpersonal skills; self-motivated; detail-oriented, organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks. Able to develop partnerships, high functioning teams, and good working relationships across work units.
- Active Minnesota M.D. or D.O. medical license or eligibility.
- Board Eligible/Certified in Pediatrics.
- Active DEA Registration.
- Children’s Minnesota Hospital privileges or ability to obtain privileges.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to Ryan Berreth.
Ryan Berreth, FASPR
Manager of Physician/APP Recruitment
Join a Pediatrics team of 2 Pediatricians and 3 APPs along with hospital coverage assistance from a Med/Peds hospitalist.
This team is part of the Avera Marshall Medical Group located in Marshall, MN. Avera is a healthcare system which covers over 5 Midwest states and has over 1000 medical group members. Avera has a dedicated Pediatric service line reinforcing solid Pediatric care and practices throughout our system.
This position is set up for a successful work/life balance. This community of approximately 15,000 has a number of activities for your family and yourself. Located only 2 and half hours away from the Minneapolis/St. Paul and an hour and half a way from Sioux Falls, SD.
Contact Dave Dertien the physician recruiter to visit more at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (605)322-7691
Minneapolis Clinic Medical Director
The Medical Director role at Children’s has overall responsibility for ensuring that services and programs provided through the department or service line are patient and family focused, clinically appropriate, operationally efficient, and achieve effective patient outcomes. The focus of the Medical Director’s administrative time will be spent developing and providing direction for the program (clinical services, clinical research, and education), including quality and safety leadership and improvement. Partners with administrative dyad partner for financial and administrative management of the service line. The role will coordinate clinicians associated with the department or service line, clinician consultants, and leaders of associated programs or units. The role will also monitor and support the clinical skills and involvement of professional staff associated with the department or service line and will cause such skills and involvement to be increased or expanded as appropriate to meet current and future needs.
- Physician licensed in the State of Minnesota.
- Board certified in pediatrics or the appropriate practice specialty by the applicable certifying authority.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a practicing physician.
- Leadership experience and familiarity with quality improvement work, safety initiatives, systems-based practice, patient-centered care.
Physician- Specific Responsibilities
- Ensures adequate service coverage provided by Children’s clinicians and contracted clinicians as applicable.
- Advises the Chief of General Pediatrics using supportive data regarding appropriate levels of staffing of clinicians and recruitment or development needs with special areas of expertise.
- Provides guidance and support for employed clinicians who may encounter personal or professional obstacles to the attainment of optimal professional performance.
- Addresses all concerns arising related to clinician behavior and Children’s Values or Professional Staff expectations.
- Directly supports recruitment, hiring, and supervision of clinicians.
- Coordinates with the Chief of General Pediatrics appropriate group goals and individual clinician goals for the Physician Incentive Program.
- Participates as necessary in physician alignment activities related to department services.
- Serves on such committees as the Chief of General Pediatrics may reasonably request from time to time.
- Keeps informed with respect to new clinical knowledge, and support introduction of evidence-based changes to improve patient care.
- Respond to and resolves complaints from family or staff.
- Models Children’s values in a consistent and reliable manner.
- Participates in philanthropic meetings for the division.
For more information please contact Ryan.Berreth@childrensmn.org or 952-992-5317.