The Anti-Racism and Disparities (ARD) workgroup met for a winter retreat this past January. It was a great gathering, full of reflection and discussion.
The purpose of this workgroup is to facilitate a chapter structure for members that is just, diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible; and to promote health equity for children of Minnesota as identified by Minnesota communities and families.
Here is an update on the work that this group wants to do together in 2023:
- Assist with Equity Consultant and website redesign
- Provide ARD guidance for board and workgroups when needed
- Work with national AAP & other state chapters on ARD initiatives
- Work with other professional state organizations to collaborate on ARD initiatives.
- Create safe environment for group work, learning, and growth
- Meet quarterly virtually
- Have two retreats per year
- Provide efficient ARD resources and communication
- Provide and promote ARD education opportunities
- Amplify and participate in ARD community organizations’ work
- Promote C&TC access and utilization equity
- Provide resources to improve parent and caregiver literacy levels
We are working on our chapter’s website redesign with the goal to have one page with ARD relevant Community Resources, Healthcare Worker Resources, and Workgroup sections.
We will also find ARD MOC4 projects for chapter members. We hope that this will give members opportunities to access ARD resources in a helpful and meaningful manner to advance this work together.
More news to come. Thank you for all you do for children and families every day!
Valeria Cristiani, MD, MPH, FAAP
Co-chair MNAAP ARD workgroup