When pediatricians, pediatric medical sub-specialists and pediatric surgical specialists join together, we can do amazing things for children and their communities. MNAAP offers many opportunities to connect, advocate and make a difference based on your schedule and interest.
Through the Minnesota AAP Chapter, members can:
- Participate in one of the chapter work groups on advocacy, immunizations, health equity, pediatric mental health, and child/teen safety. Most work groups meet for 45 minutes every 2-3 months by conference call and are focused on advocacy and education.
- Join the MNAAP Board of Directors to help identify priority issues, activities and initiatives aimed at improving the health of all children in Minnesota.
- Attend the annual Pediatricians’ Day at the Capitol to meet with legislators about specific issues.
- Stay on top of changes to Minnesota law affecting children, families and providers along with opportunities to voice opposition or support for key bills. Be sure you’re receiving bi-weekly legislative updates during the session.
- Follow MNAAP on Facebook and Twitter. Join the conversations taking place with key pediatric leaders on social media.
- Offer to testify or help provide background information for legislators to consider before voting on a specific bill. You could also offer to serve as a media contact for general pediatrics or a specific area of expertise.
- Respond to action alerts – occasional emails urging members to contact their representatives by phone or email about a particular issue.
- Write a brief article for Minnesota Pediatrician, the chapter’s quarterly newsletter written by and for pediatricians, about an issue you feel is important.
- Learn about possible grant funding or technical assistance that may support an idea or project you have.
Whether you have a few hours a month or just minutes a day, we can find a way for you to get involved, take action and make a difference in your practice and community. Email email@example.com to learn more or fill out the advocacy interest form so we can follow up with you.