Midterm elections are right around the corner on Tuesday, Nov. 8. MNAAP encourages its members to keep in mind the health of children and communities when they go to vote. Kids can’t vote, but pediatricians can!
If you haven’t already cast your ballot, take the opportunity to review the candidates’ positions through the lens of MNAAP priority issues:
- Anti-racism & disparities
- Behavioral/mental health
- Early childhood development
The Early Childhood work group has put together this helpful set of questions to guide your research as you review candidates and issues.
And remember to encourage others to vote. You can join in the AAP Vote Kids Week of Action by:
- sharing a post describing why you #VoteKids.
- posting a picture of yourself on your way to your polling place.
- recording a short video urging your friends, family, and patients to vote and describe why it’s important to #VoteKids.
- engaging with other posts using the #VoteKids hashtag.
- and using the sample social media posts provided by AAP.