Get Connected with MNAAP
Being a member of the Minnesota Chapter of the AAP connects you to a network of more than 1,000 other members. Stay in the know with local legislative updates, pediatric news, and continuing education opportunities.
If you are a retired pediatrician and would like to join or renew the Chapter free of charge contact email@example.com to join or renew only the chapter.
Through MNAAP, Members can:
Access local pediatric news and educational events. The chapter sends out weekly emails, bi-weekly legislative updates and quarterly newsletters with key pediatric updates in Minnesota.
Take advantage of free or discounted CME, MOC4, and other resources. Earn credits and points through Minnesota-based conferences, webinars, and MOC programs.
Make the most of the numerous networking and leadership opportunities. Attend Pediatricians’ Day at the State Capitol, participate in bi-monthly conference calls about hot topics, and increase your visibility in Minnesota’s pediatric community.
Minnesota AAP Chapter membership means you have the tools you need to help you provide the best care. Join us and take advantage of everything we have to offer today!
Since the COVID-19 public health emergency began, MNAAP has:
- Shared template letters, scripts and social media images that clinics and pediatricians can use to remind parents of the importance of scheduling well visits and immunizations.
- Hosted webinars on Children’s Mental Health: Adapting in the Era of COVID-19, COVID-19: What are Pediatric Practices Doing Differently? COVID 19: Impact on Children, Preparing the Community.
- Advocated for expanded telehealth and fair reimbursement for Medicaid providers, especially for Child & Teen Checkup visits.
- Engaged with local media to reassure and encourage families to schedule well-child visits and immunizations.
- Sent a letter to Governor Walz and Commissioner Malcolm, urging the Minnesota Department of Health to reiterate the importance of childhood immunizations at every opportunity.
- Joined in the battle to dismantle structural racism in medicine and beyond, and offered members resources for these important conversations with families and children.
- Provided weekly communication and online resources, links and tools for pediatricians.
- Surveyed member pediatricians on impact of COVID-19 on their practices to better understand how to support them.
- And more…
MNAAP dues are $155, of which $145 is tax-deductible. There is no charge for students and retirees. You do not have to be a member of national AAP to be a member of the MNAAP, through membership in both is encouraged.
- $155 – Fellow Members (General pediatricians, pediatric subspecialists)
- $155 – Specialty Fellow Members (Pediatric surgeons, anesthesiologists, etc)
- $50 – Candidate Members (Not yet board-certified)
- $155 – Chapter Affiliate Members (Family medicine physicians, pediatric nurse practitioners, pediatric dentists and other health providers who are currently not national members.)
- $50 – National Affiliate Members (Pediatric nurse practitioners and physician assistants who are existing national members)
- $0 – Medical students, residents, post-residents, senior members