If you are looking for a great way to get involved in MNAAP, make connections with fellow pediatricians across the state, and offer your input into the chapter’s initiatives and activities, consider applying to be a candidate for the MNAAP Board of Directors.
Three at-large positions are available and MNAAP members will vote in the next several weeks to select the incoming board members.
- Serve a 3-year term which begins July 1, 2022
- Meet four times per year, usually from 6:30-8:30 p.m (currently meeting via Zoom)
- Act as a board member for the chapter’s sister organization, the Minnesota Academy of Pediatrics Foundation, which is a 501c3 foundation that receives grant and government funds to promote the MNAAP chapter member priorities
While we aim for inclusivity regarding the health issues of Minnesota children, we have fallen short in actively and intentionally recruiting diverse leaders to run for open board seats. We are actively working to change that this year by inviting pediatricians that identify as underrepresented in medicine to consider board membership.
If you are interested in serving on the MNAAP Board of Directors, or you have someone you would like to nominate for the board, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 11, 2022, indicating your interest in serving on the Board of Directors (or your nominee’s name and contact information).
Please include a copy of your CV and provide a brief explanation (max of 200 words) with the following:
- why you would like to serve on the MNAAP Board of Directors
- what aspect of your identity is important to you and that you would like others to know
- what special expertise/skills/interests would you bring to the Board if elected.
Thank you for considering joining the MNAAP Board of Directors.